Sunday, September 17, 2006

the gauntlet is thrown

So, I was doing so well finishing my UFO's. Here are Bill's knucks. He wore them and bragged about them this morning!! (We had to leave the house at 5:30 am - and it was only 44 degrees!!)

Then there is Dom's little sweater. I did block it, but I am still not too happy with where I had to change the stitches from knitting in the round to knitting and purling -- so I may block it again!

Finally there are all three pairs of knucks that I have made. I was getting all fancy and taking photos of them in the garden - I liked all the colors together. Sooo, when I go out there to actually take the pics - it is a huge wind storm. I am trying to keep the gloves from blowing off the plants, but keep them placed where they are still visible! Wow, I am a huge geek!!

Sooo, yesterday I am in my LYS and talking with the owner, showing here the beginnings of the blanket that I am making for my MIL -- the one that my husband wound all the yarn for. She asked me how long it would take for me to finish it - thinking it would be about a month. When I said a week or so, she threw down the gauntlet. If I can finish all the knitting on the blanket in a week, by next saturday, she will give me $100 in yarn!! What an awesome offer -- so of course I took her up on it! Now all my knitting time for the week will be devoted to the blanket, so I am sure to have it done! I am traveling this week and I don't care how awkward it is -- I will be working like a fiend on it!! Check back next saturday to see how I did - I won't be posting again till then, all my free time will be spend knitting!!

Wish me luck!! Have a great week!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh, nice Knucks!