Thursday, October 19, 2006

More of the Northwest

Every year, I plan my Seattle trip around the Pilchuck Glass Art Auction
It is always a really fun auction, a lot of the artist who donate the pieces are there. And there is everything from emerging artist to amazing well know artists, so pieces range from $100 to $40,000. And everything sold goes to support the Pilchuck Glass School, which supports the artists, it is a good cycle. The auction is black tie, which is fun, because in my life there are not too many black tie parties that we attend. So here are the photos from the auction - I clean up all right, but my husband looks great in his tux!!
This top photo is Bill and I (kind of) with Dale
Chihuly. He is one of the famous guys. He did the ceiling at the Bellagio, a big installation at the new Wynn hotel in Vegas, and tons of other amazing glass work. He is also one of the founders of Pilchuck. He donated an amazing piece this year - which you can see by clicking on the Pilcuck link.
And here I am with my very serious husband - it is too bad that in this photo you can't see that my hair matches his bow tie. Its all in the details!

The day after the auction, Bill and I had to get up early and drive across the state to meet my mom and grandma for the WSU homecoming game. Grandma took the photo below, demonstrating that not only do we clean up well, we dress down well too!

The bottom picture is from the dining room in my dad's old place with the Dale Chihuly centerpiece in the picture. It was fun to watch the boats go by the windows. Although I
think that we get a different view of the same thing in the new place. You'll have to wait a few months for those photos though!
Again, blogger has kicked the rest of my photos out - so one more blog to come!

1 comment:

BEESTLYproducts said...

wow! look how fancy :-) that centerpiece is amazing!!!!