Tuesday, October 03, 2006

SP9 Questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like knitting with any natural fibers, wool, alpaca, soy, cotton, ect. I am not into the fake fibers and novelty yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My needles are stored in buckets, the metal ones that you get at the hardware store - one for straight, one for circular -- not ideal, because I am always searching for sizes, but I haven't come up with a better system yet.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since I was 9, there have been some off times, but mostly on. I am somewhere between intermediate and advanced. There is always a new skill to learn or medium to try. Next summer I am hoping to knit a screen door for our house.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, there is an amazon one, not too complete but its a start

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Clean, natural scents, nothing too sweet - Lilies, lilacs, aloe, lemon, ect.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Doesn't everyone think that cake is its own food group? It is the reason that I work out! I love chocolate (milk or white) in pretty much every form, just not too many nuts.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Knitting is most of my crafting problem, there is a little sewing, making invitations (even though it usually isn't necessary), a few other minor crafty pursuits.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
This could be a long question -- folk, punk, pop boy punk, some metal, pop, acoustic, old country, singer songwriter, blues, new wave -- there is a long list of artists under my profile for my blog, but I would say just stay away from jazz and rap - since there is so much I didn't cover and so much that I may not have heard yet. And my computer does not play MP3's - maybe there will be a new one before this exchange is over . . .

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is purple, but that is hard to wear. I tend to like black, neutrals, earth tones and jewel tones. I can't stand pastels, neon, and am not good in yellows and oranges.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married to the love of my life! We do not have any pets, yet -- a chocolate lab is at the top of my christmas list, but probably won't happen till we buy a new house next spring.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear and love scarves, hats (and they look better with my new short hair) and shawls but not ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love knitting scarves, hats, gloves, shawls and bags (more of the market bag then the felted bags.)

13. What are you knitting right now?
There is a blanket for my MIL, a scarf for my hubby, a couple baby hats, a market bag, a dress, and a couple scarves - and a list of projects to start that is a mile long!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I am an equal opportunity knitting needle user, whatever I need for the project - given my choice it would be straight, but that is not always the easiest. I prefer bamboo or bakelite for my straight needles and metal for my circulars.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, I have both - knitting time is too precious to waist on winding yarn

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
about 6 months old - I don't think it will ever be finished as the project that I started, so I am trying to figure out what to turn it into that gets me interested in it again

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas -- presents, family, fun!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Is there anything that I don't? Salt and Pepper shakers, 30's and older knitting patterns, yarn, vintage clothing, anything with a skull on it, red wine from Washington State, and the list goes on!!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any knitting subscriptions, I seem to be able to get in enough trouble with books and free patterns online (knitty, the anti-craft, ect). There are a couple yarns that I am interested in trying nettle, recycled yarn (silk, soy, ect.), possum/merino blends and I am always game for a fun organic or handspun, handpainted. There aren't any needles or patterns that come to mind and probably none that I wouldn't try . . .

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not that I can think of, I am trying to use the skills that I have a little more (fair isle, intarsia, ect.) but I am open to trying anything. That is the fun part of knitting there is so much to do, try, master. I knit continental.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I haven't knit any socks yet. I just received some wicking yarn (wicks moisture away from the skin) in the mail that I wanted to try making socks with and I am taking a sock class with Judy Ditsmore of Interlacements in November, so I will be . . . My foot is a size 8 1/2 or 9

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
July 31st

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from your secret pal!!! Hope you had fun on the trip.